3 dozen fresh mussels
1-3/4 cups chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup licorice flavored liquor
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 lemon, juice
1/4 cup chopped garlic
parsley for garnish
- Make the Lemon Butter Sauce in a separate sauce pan.
- Coat a hot skillet with melted butter.
- Add mussels to skillet and cover.
- The mussels are done when they open. (About 1-2 minutes)
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and tomatoes along with the liquor.
- Let the alcohol cook off. The add fresh basil, lemon juice and lemon butter sauce to the pan.
- Throw away any mussels that did not open.
- Serve in a large bowl topped with fresh chopped parsley.