Bonefish Grill is using habanero vodka in the Oyster Shooter at its 194 locations. The shooter is an oyster in a shot glass with cocktail sauce and salsa verde, as well as the vodka.
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida, Bonefish Grill specializes in market-fresh fish from around the world and other savory wood grilled specialties. Guests receive “chef’s coat service” and are guided through an innovative, seasonal menu and specials featuring the highest quality, fresh ingredients. Combined with a big city bar, Bonefish Grill offers hand crafted cocktails and an affordable distinct list of 30 wines by the glass offering a great match for any food pairing.
The restaurant provides a fun and lively place to eat, drink, relax and socialize any day of the week. The experience is based on the premise of simplicity, consistency and a strong commitment to excellence at every level. In fourteen years, the award-winning Bonefish Grill family has grown to more than 200 restaurants across the country.
FRIED MAC and CHEESE BITES
Bonefish Grill Copycat Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese:
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) uncooked dried elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheese
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly. Slowly whisk in milk, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a boil; boil 1 minute. Stir in cheese and cooked pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Spray 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon macaroni and cheese into pan; packing it down slightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until macaroni and cheese is completely cooled.
Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Cut chilled macaroni and cheese into 24 pieces, cutting pan 4x6. Dredge each macaroni and cheese bite as follows: First coat bite lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook about half of the bites at one time, frying bites for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Drain bites on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Bonefish Grill's IN + ON Bar Bites Menu, featuring small plates served with presentations "IN" or "ON", appeals to those who crave a taste of multiple bites at a value price.
- On the Bun Dim Sum Style Sliders served in an individual bamboo steamer with choice of Chipotle Shrimp or BBQ Pork
- On the Stack Tostadas featuring crispy wonton layers and choice of finely chopped, sushi-grade Ahi Tuna Tartare or Chipotle Shrimp
Each dish on the new bar menu pairs with the restaurant's hand-crafted cocktails made with fresh juices and house made infusions.
Sharing plates include:
- Mac and Cheese Bites, which are served with sweet chili sauce
- On the Bone Lamb Lollipop Chops that are lightly caramelized and grilled.
In the Shooter Glass Oyster Shooters are served with cocktail sauce, salsa verde, and habanero vodka for a kick. Guests can also enjoy hand shucked oysters On the Shell, raw or baked Rockefeller style.
To round out the bar menu, In the Dough Doughnuts offer a DIY style dessert served with miniature squeezable bottles of sea salt caramel and chocolate sauce for guests to fill with the preferred amount of delectable sweetness.
The bar menu is available at all locations dine in only from 4pm to close daily.
SHRIMP & SCALLOP SKEWERS
Bonefish Grill Restaurant Recipe
8 jumbo shrimp
8 jumbo sea scallops
3 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1/2 cup warm mango salsa
flat leaf parsley (for garnish)
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon oregano, dry leaves
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
finely grated lemon zest from 3 lemons
4 ounces fresh lemon juice
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 cup olive oil
For the Skewers: Peel and devein shrimp. Remove abductor muscle from each scallop. Skewer the shrimp on one long or two short skewers so that the shrimp barely touch each other. Skewer the scallops on one long or two short skewers so that the scallops barely touch each other. Season one side of shrimp and scallops with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brush lightly with olive oil.
Lay on grill seasoned side down. Flip over and brush seasoned side with lemon juice and olive oil. Place on the edge of grill to rest for 3 minutes.
NOTE: Make sure scallops are done, but still moist. Serve family style on a warm platter. Spoon dollops of mango salsa over skewers and garnish with parsley.
For the Chimichurri Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse chop until all ingredients are about 1/8 inch in size. Add Italian parsley and pulse chop until parsley is 1/8 inch in size. Add the olive oil and blend in quickly. (Do not over blend.) Allow the sauce to marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
Perfectly paired food and wine selections showcase the wine crush season
Bonefish Grill is celebrating the wine crush season with dishes perfectly paired with wines to complement fall flavors. The new Fall Crush Menu features wine elements such as the Malbec Marinated Steak and Shrimp with a six ounce center cut sirloin topped with wood grilled shrimp served alongside a Dona Paula Los Cardos Malbec mustard sauce.
Perfect pairings include:
- The Vintner’s Burger with wood-grilled American Kobe beef, caramelized onions, Danish blue cheese and red wine jam paired with the luscious Dona Paula Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. This combination creates the perfect bite, enhanced by the aroma of currant, blackberry and mint.
- Sweet Pan Roasted Snapper and Shrimp topped with grape tomatoes, cilantro, scallions and a white wine scampi sauce paired with the creamy richness and bright acidity of Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay.
- Slightly sweet and firm textured Wood Grilled Swordfish over Pumpkin Ravioli topped with feta cheese, crispy sage and shallot brown butter paired with the zesty and aromatic Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc.
Each wine in Bonefish Grill’s Fall Crush lineup is highly rated by publications such as Wine Advocate, Wine Enthusiast or Wine Spectator based on their character, style and flavor qualities – categorizing each as outstanding, quality wines. The list represents popular wine locales such as New Zealand, Oregon and The Russian River Valley.
Bonefish Grill’s Fall Crush menu is available at all restaurant locations nationwide through November 17, 2014
Bonefish Grill New Items:
- Cold Water Lobster Tail: Steamed and seasoned lobster served with warm drawn butter, crispy smashed Yukon Gold potatoes and sugar snap peas, served with salad and DIY doughnut holes, which are served with a choice of salted caramel or chocolate sauce that customers inject using mini squeezable bottle
- Dynamite Opah: Grilled opah fish topped with lump crabmeat, sauteed spinach and aïoli, served with salad and DIY doughnut holes
- Shrimp + Scallop Firepot: Grilled jumbo shrimp and scallops with Latin spices, served with rustic cut vegetables and roasted potatoes, topped with chipotle aïoli, served with salad and DIY doughnut holes
- Grilled Lamb Chops: Seasoned and lightly caramelized lamb chops served with crispy Yukon Gold potatoes, served with salad and DIY doughnut holes
- Oscar Turbot: Greenland turbot sauteed piccata-style and topped with jumbo lump crabmeat and asparagus. Served with mushroom ravioli, spring peas and roasted pepper, served with salad and DIY doughnut holes
- Blueberry Cold Snap Cocktail (pictured): Blueberries, Reyka vodka, Art in the Age Rhubarb liqueur, lemon, lavender bitters and a lavender stem, served in a glass made entirely of ice
Availability: Through June 16, 2015
Bonefish Grill New Items:
- Street Taco: Served individually in a crispy wonton shell, $5 for lobster, $4 for ahi tuna tartare
- Oyster Shooter: Oyster with cocktail sauce, salsa verde and habanero vodka, $4
- Mac + Cheese Bites: Five pieces, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with sweet chile sauce, $5
- Lamb Lollipop Chops: Three grilled lamb chops, $12
- Oyster: Raw on the half shell or baked Rockefeller style: $2.50 each
- Sliders (pictured): Dim sum style buns stuffed with choice of chipotle shrimp or barbecue pork, served in a bamboo steamer with spiced barbecue sauce, $8
- Tostada: Three layers of crispy wontons with avocado, mango, cucumber, red pepper, a creamy spicy sauce and choice of ahi tuna tartare or chipotle shrimp, $7
- Doughnuts: Three warm, croissant like doughnuts tossed in cinnamon sugar, which customers can inject with sea salt caramel or chocolate sauce, $5
Bonefish Grill New Items
- Lobster Stuffed Shrimp: Butterflied shrimp with creamy lobster and shrimp stuffing, topped with lemon caper butter sauce, $10.90
- Kate’s Wild North Atlantic Haddock with Feta and Artichokes: Wood-grilled haddock dusted with garlic crumbs, topped with lemon-basil butter sauce and served with garlic whipped potatoes, $20.90
- Sirloin & Colossal Shrimp Scampi (pictured): 6-ounce USDA Choice sirloin topped with colossal shrimp and scampi butter sauce, served with steamed broccoli and garlic whipped potatoes, $19.90, or with filet instead of sirloin, $25.90
- Lobster Thermidor Mahi Mahi: Mahi mahi topped with lobster, lump crab and a creamy sherry sauce, served with garlic whipped potatoes, $22.30
- Whole Grilled Mediterranean Branzino: Branzino stuffed with citrus, served with Mediterranean sofrito and arugula almond grain salad, $25.50
- Alaskan King Crab Legs: Served with red bliss potatoes, corn on the cob and warm butter for dipping, $34 per pound
- Chocolate Creme Brulee – decadent with a hint of Grand Marnier.
- Bonefish Grill's Winter White Cosmopolitan rejoins the menu as a holiday favorite. With white cranberry juice, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, and fresh lime, this concoction is garnished with floating cranberries to cheerfully toast the season
- Blackberry Frost, served in a Cold Snap glass, is made with Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, small-batch Icelandic Reyka Vodka, muddled blackberries, and fresh lemon juice.
Availability: Through Jan. 5, 2015
Bonefish Grill Updates Menu with Guest Inspired Selections
Bonefish Grill is launching its new guest inspired menu with more than 20 new innovative items to complement classic favorites.
The culinary forward menu adds Bowls, Steaks, Deluxe Sides, and Dessert Flatbreads, using only the highest quality, freshest ingredients, to the existing innovative and seasonal offerings.
New bowls deliver bold flavor, using fresh vegetables that combine Asian and Mediterranean inspired flavors.
- Spicy Tuna Bowl – premium sushi grade, sesame-seared rare tuna served with avocado, sweet chile sauce, jasmine rice, and passion fruit salsa
- Seared NY Strip Bowl – USDA Choice NY Strip seared to your preference served with marinated cucumbers, roasted peanuts and passion fruit salsa, jasmine rice, and a black pepper aioli
- Shrimp Pad Thai Bowl – sauteed shrimp combined with rice noodles, green onions, peanuts, egg, and a traditional Pad Thai sauce
- Fire Roasted Vegetables Bowl – a seasonally fresh selection of vegetables combined with pearl couscous with herb and pesto dipping sauce available with choice of wood-grilled shrimp or herb-grilled chicken
New Wood Grilled steak specialties include a savory 13-ounce USDA Choice Rib-Eye, perfect with white truffle butter or choice of several new steak signature sauces including:
- Bearnaise Sauce – classic hollandaise based sauce flavored with tarragon and red wine
- Asian Peppercorn Demi-Glace – schezwan peppercorns blended with a reduced brown sauce
- Porcini Sage Butter – blended butter sauce with porcini mushrooms and fresh sage
- Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Sauce – Marsala wine reduction finished with sliced mushrooms and crisp bacon
- White Truffle Butter – Italian white truffles blended with fresh creamy butter
Or try the Ahi Tuna Steak, fire-kissed and perfectly paired with a signature sauce including the new Lime Tomato Garlic sauce, creamy butter sauce with garden fresh tomatoes and a hint of lime.
Deluxe Sides are now available to complement Wood-Grilled selections and entrees including:
- Crab Fried Rice – jumbo lump crab wok-fried with eggs, bell peppers, carrots and green onions with a hint of soy sauce
- Porcini Mushroom Ravioli – classic Italian ravioli filled with porcini mushrooms and Ricotta, cheese sauteed in a sage brown butter and topped with crispy mushroom
- Wood Grilled Broccolini – small florets tossed with garlic herb butter
Four new appetizers provide a unique approach to classic favorites:
- NY Strip Tataki – perfectly seared USDA Choice NY Strip, Thai peppers, and a mustard soy sauce
- Twisted Edamame Hummus – edamame replaces traditional garbanzo beans, topped with a roasted tomato relish and crunchy pepitas, served with flatbread chips
- Bang Bang Shrimp Flatbread – crispy shrimp, Mozzarella cheese, cilantro, and a creamy, spicy sauce
- Cold Snap Ceviche – chilled bay scallops, shrimp, fresh fish, avocado, cucumber, jalapeno, citrus, and cilantro served in a glass made entirely of ice and warm tortilla chips on the side
The perfect way to finish a meal is with a Dessert Flatbread such as S'mores with creamy chocolate, toasted marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs.
Bonefish Grill has also added new handcrafted concoctions to start or complement any occasion.
- Fresh Pineapple Martini - made with Malibu Rum, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, fresh pineapple, and homemade vanilla bean simple syrup.
- Cold Snap Cucumber Cosmo - made with Reyka vodka, Solerno Blood Orange liqueur and fresh English cucumbers served on the rocks in a glass made entirely of ice.
Bonefish Grill Recipe
4 oz. Merlot
1 oz.Grand Marnier
1-2 oz. pomegranate juice
1-2 oz. mango juice
1 oz. cranberry juice
2 oz. soda water
Put ice in wine glass until glass is full. Add all ingredients. Transfer into shaker tin and mix back and forth 2 or 3 times to thoroughly mix. Add soda water. Add cherry, mango, lime wheel as garnish
WINTER WHITE COSMO
Bonefish Grill Recipe
2 oz cranberry vodka
0.75 oz Cointreau
1 oz fresh lime juice/simple syrup mixture
2 oz white cranberry juice
3 to 4 cranberries (floating as garnish)
Combine ingredients over ice in shaker tin.
Shake and strain into chilled martini glass.
Garnish with 3 or 4 frozen cranberries floating on the top.